The Vant Group is looking for talented individuals to join our team! We are looking to find people to join us in the following positions: (scroll below to learn more about our opportunities.) If you are interested, please complete the form below and email your resume and one paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for the positiion.
Business Intermediary / M&A Associate
The Vant Group in Dallas is currently seeking a Business Intermediary / M&A Associate; please see below for detailed information:
- Meet with business owners to list their business
- Network with professional service firms
- Conduct buyer/seller meetings
- Facilitate the entire business transfer process
- On-going training
- Managing Directors are compensated on a commission basis. The commission split is based on experience and deal flow.
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for the position:
Attributes of a Successful Business Intermediary
The ability to elicit trust in people
Able to be flexible in thinking to change methodologies and approaches with a changing market
The ability to listen with purpose
Self motivated / self starter
Resilient to an often unforgiving environment
Able to take pressures of deal making
Able to take criticism, warranted or unwarranted
Organized in both personal and business interests
Motivated for self improvement in personal and professional life
Trustworthy / honest
Prior business ownership experience
Ability to thoroughly understand financial statements
Being able to handle a lot of “NOs”
Four year degree (preferably finance) MBA preferred
Must be able to handle personal financial expenses for at least a year
Our Business Intermediaries provide the following services to our clients:
Create preliminary presentation materials that are provided to buyer prospects.
Seek out qualified buyers through aggressive marketing plans that include: contacting registered buyers in TVG’s proprietary buyer database, direct mailing to prospective buyers, personal contacts, placement of blind ads in various publications and web sites and the use of our referral network of accountants, attorneys, investment advisers and other business professionals.
Schedule confidential meetings between the principals and prospective buyers.
Negotiate letters of intent contracts on behalf of our clients.
Provide coordination of due diligence with the principals and their advisors to ensure a successful closing.
Business Development Officer
The Vant Group in Dallas is currently seeking a Business Development Officer; please see below for detailed information:
The ideal candidate for the position will have an extensive database in the small business community focusing around attorneys, CPAs, financial planners, insurance companies, etc. since they have been the best lead sources for our firm over time.
Specifically, the BDO will be responsible for the following activities:
1. Network with professional service providers to offer
- Seminars for their employees to educate them on TVG and its vast list of services
- Seminars for the service provider’s clients to introduce TVG and our services
- Negotiate a cross referral program
2. Network in the general business community through networking opportunities
3. Develop lead generation ideas
4. Any additional activated that will bring in potential clients
5. Host networking events at our offices
Attributes of a Successful Business Development Officer
- The ideal candidate for the position will have an extensive database in the small business community focusing around attorneys, CPAs, financial planners, insurance companies, etc. since they have been the best lead sources for our firm over time.
Commission on the following:
1. Setting up seminars at service providers
2. Setting up seminars for service provider’s clients
3. Setting up a referral program with service providers
4. Bringing in a client that generates revenue (20% commission)
5. Quotas will be determined revolving around the above 3 commission opportunities
In a BDO role, this is a LONG term opportunity as it takes time to set up a good networking base and deal flow takes time. After a network and a system has been established, referrals will multiply and the work done in the first 6 months will really materialize in year 2 and on.
- If you are still interested in this position, please provide answers to the following questions:
1. Have you ever sold a product or service similar to ours and if so, what was it?
2. What is your target annual overall compensation?
3. What would you do in the first 6 months to kick-start your career at TVG?
4. Do you have an understanding of basic financials? EBITDA, balance sheet items, etc?
5. Do you have the financial ability to receive a small draw/commission for 6 months? (since this is mostly a commission based position)
6. Please provide any additional information on why you would be a good fit for this position.
The Vant Group is looking for individuals to learn the all aspects of business from starting a business, funding it, growing it and ultimately selling it; please see below for detailed information; please see below for detailed information:
- Study economic and business trends;
- Evaluate current and historical data;
- Study company’s financial statements to determine its value;
- Meet with company officials to gain better insight into the company’s prospects and management;
- Prepare written reports;
- Meet with investors to explain recommendations
Minimum Requirements: Master's Degree in Finance or related.
If you are interested in learning more about any of the positions, please fill out the form below and specify which position you are interested in:
Lead Generation Associate – FT ( North Dallas)
The Vant Group in Dallas is currently seeking a Lead Generation Associate; please see below for detailed information:
The Vant Group is looking for a Lead Generation Associate that loves to talk on the phone and the thrill of winning others over! We are an Investment Bank and Business Brokerage Firm, in business since 1999, who are busy at our craft and we need your help! The Vant Group is a small, entrepreneurial, and growth oriented group of individuals who need a dedicated person who can help our clients that are looking to buy a business, as well as bring in new leads to our firm.
We need your help with lead generation, researching potential acquisition targets, doing research projects, cold calling target acquisitions, mail merge projects, and generally juggling the details of our buyer representation services. You will also love this job if you enjoy talking to strangers and love the challenge of getting someone to do something! Once you learn the rhythm of our business, you'll be self-motivated and driven to be successful.
If you love to work in a high trust and very accountable environment, you'll love working with us. We are all about doing the right things for our client’s and having fun at the same time. If you derive satisfaction from breaking the ice and making a connection with another person, you'll want to keep reading this!
What your week might look like. . .
- Talking to potential clients and / or acquisition targets
- Cold calling
- Preparing large mail outs
- Researching company data
- Managing special projects and special events
- Following up with contacts
- Qualifying prospects to become leads
- Social media management like Facebook posts, LinkedIn updates, post videos on YouTube, keep blog updated.
You will love this job if you are the kind of person who can explain, describe, or write with ease. You enjoy people and talking with them. You can be direct and decisive and take control of a situation, when needed. You will be success if you enjoy building relationships and are naturally positive.
You'll probably be suited for this position if you:
- Find it easy to put your thoughts into words
- Have had experience with strategic phone sales
- Are professional in your written and verbal communication
- Have excellent follow up skills and don’t give up
- Are the kind of person who wants to influence others
- Can follow a process
- Can understand the nuances of our industry and nuances
- Likes to have fun!
If what you've read up till now is exciting to you and you can't wait to start, here's what you do next!
Please send an email reply with “Lead Generator” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within the body of this email, please answer the following questions:
What excites you most about this position?
How would your friends describe you?
What is the best sale you’ve ever made and how did you get it done?
What is your favorite social media site and why?
Please also attach a current resume. If you are selected as a candidate, we will have a phone interview, then you will be asked to take a Strengths Finder assessment. Final interviews will follow after that. Thank you so much for your consideration. This really will be the perfect job for the right person! We look forward to meeting you.
Compensation: $40,000 per year plus commissions and (potential to make $70K plus of total compensation)
Hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 AM
Minimum requirement: High School degree, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, two or more years of experience with phone sales.